If you have had a slip or a fall in South Florida and are unsure whether or not you need a personal injury attorney, there are several things to take into consideration. With personal injury claims such as slip and fall cases, liability is often unclear. Therefore, finding the best attorney may be worthwhile. With many years of litigation experience, Lieberman Injury Law is known as the best personal injury attorneys in South Florida. We maintain our reputation for integrity, professionalism, and success! Attorney Jesse Lieberman gives every case his personal attention. Because we are a smaller law firm and can manage our time wisely and pay significant attention to every client and case, we are unlike those giant firms whose partners will meet you once and most likely never touch your file again!
Lieberman Injury Law has a personal injury team licensed in New York and Florida, which is especially important for dual-residence clients. Our South Florida legal team has years of combined experience, and we’ve handled all manner of legal cases in both states. We know the state laws inside and out, including the expected outcomes for a wide range of cases; particularly ones where a client fell and thinks they need a personal injury attorney.
Having a fall can happen to anyone, no matter what age and in any weather condition. In fact, at some point in most people’s lives, they will have a slip or a fall and it will more than likely not be their fault! During the summer months, many South Florida residents have migrated to their New York homes where they spend more time walking or using public transportation – increasing their odds of a slip and fall accident. This warrants a personal injury attorney from Lieberman Injury Law.
Whether you are in South Florida or New York, there is something called “premises liability,” which refers to a level of safety maintenance required for buildings, homes, parking lots, and even walkways – for people who travel on their premises. This means that if you have a fall and you’re injured on someone else’s property due to their negligence, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost time at work, and much more.
Can a Slip and Fall Lawyer Help Me?
If you have had a fall and think you need a South Florida personal injury attorney, there are a few things you should know. Firstly, you won’t necessarily need an attorney for all types of fall cases. The most important thing to know is that not every fall is somebody else’s fault; sometimes accidents just happen and there is no person or establishment who is liable. For example, if you missed a step while walking down a flight of stairs, or you tripped over your own coat or clothing, or you reached for something like a handrail or your phone and simply lost your balance – a premise owner is not legally responsible for these things. However, if you had a fall because of a poorly constructed staircase or broken handrails, you’re looking at a premise liability case.
Some examples of other premise liability cases include:
* Liquids or foreign substances cause a slip or fall at commercial establishments (such as from AC units)
* Unsafe property conditions that cause a fall incident
* Construction site accidents
* An assault by employees or business patrons
Even in a small slip and fall case, our expert personal injury attorneys can help you in many ways. It boils down to proving liability and damages. Our experienced attorneys will recognize all of the different factors that can affect liability and damages, both positively and negatively, and make sure that you get the justice in which you are entitled.
If you or someone you know have been involved in a South Florida or New York personal injury accident involving a slip, trip, or fall, here are some steps to take:
- First and foremost,getting medical help and attention is your top priority. This will help you provide proof if you choose to seek compensation for your medical bills with documented injuries.
- Keep calm. Getting angry or upset won’t change anything, and may make it worse. Avoid making any detailed statements concerning who is at fault.
- Be responsible. Get the names of owners/property managers, record names of witnesses, and take decent photos of the scene and injuries.
- Make a report. No matter where you fell, whether it be in a store, apartment building, or even your friend’s house – you must report it to the manager, owner, or landlord and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Get an Attorney. When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced personal injury attorney. Since many slip and fall cases are difficult to prove, you need the resources of a successful law firm like Lieberman Injury Law. We have the experience, knowledge, and history of success to recover the money you deserve.
Contact Lieberman Injury Law today if you have had a fall and think you may need a personal injury attorney in South Florida. We will examine the scene, discuss all of the possibilities with you, and even help you to figure out exactly why and how you fell. We will review the applicable state, Federal, and local laws to determine if the condition of the premises violated any of those laws and retain an expert witness, if necessary, to testify as to the defendant’s negligence. As one of the top-rated law firms for slip and fall cases, Lieberman Injury Law will go to any length to fully and compassionately handle your case from beginning to end.