Do you suspect a loved one of being a victim of nursing home abuse? How do you know when it’s time to contact a personal injury attorney in Florida? Nursing Home Abuse statistics are staggering, and for every terrible situation we have heard about, the personal injury attorneys at Lieberman injury Law have stepped in to do something about it, to give your loved one the justice they deserve.
There are physical and psychological signs of abuse that should be carefully looked for if you suspect a senior of being abused. If they are exhibiting any of the following signs it is important to contact authorities. The following are the common signs of nursing home abuse:
- Refusal to communicate with family and loved ones
- Unusual behavior, i.e. fear or anxiety when around a certain caregiver at the facility or Agitation and abrupt change in mood
- Withdrawal / depression
- Recent increased development of pain when sitting or walking
- Bruising and / or handprints on the breasts, inner thighs, and buttocks
- Blood stains on clothing and / or bed linens, bleeding or bruised genitals
- Unexplained infections or STD’s
If you have a relative or loved one who lives in a nursing home or assisted living facility, you should be aware of the signs and symptoms of nursing home abuse. It is important to document and date all information relevant to incidents, keep records because detailed accounts are often more likely to prompt investigations. Begin keeping track of bruising, mood changes, dates, times, and any other concerning evidence that shows signs of nursing home abuse.Florida law requires that suspected nursing home abuse, neglect, and the exploitation of vulnerable elderly or disabled adults be reported in a timely fashion. It is important to remember that when you are reporting suspicious cases you can ask that your name be kept confidential. The following may be grounds for filing a nursing home abuse claim:
- Negligent Hiring
- Inadequate Training
- Third-Party Responsibility Claim
- Breach of Statutory or Regulatory Rights
- Medication Errors
The personal injury attorneys at Lieberman Injury Law are dedicated to protecting vulnerable adults in nursing homes and assisted living facilities from abuse, neglect or exploitation.If you suspect that your loved one or someone else is being mistreated or abused, be sure to contact the authorities and then the medical malpractice lawyers from Lieberman Injury.