If you were injured or your property was damaged in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness, you have the right to be paid for your injury and property damage.
This compensation is generally obtained by settling your car accident claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit.
If you have been injured in a car accident, it’s crucial to know the car accident rights you may be entitled to and preferably know your next moves to maximize your chances of securing full compensation for damages.
Read on to find out what rights you are entitled to if you are a car accident victim and the importance of a car accident attorney to help you claim those rights.
What Are Your Legal Rights Following a Car Accident?
After being injured in a car accident caused by another driver, you have certain rights that are not up for negotiation:
- You have the right to claim compensation for personal injury or death and any property losses- If you were hurt or injured in an accident, you have the right to file a legal claim against the individual who caused the accident.
- You have the right to notify the police – You have the authority to contact police or other investigative agencies in the vicinity to file an official complaint about the accident. The police report is usually used as one of the significant evidence supporting a personal injury lawsuit.
- You have the right to speak with witnesses – You have the right to seek out and collect contact information from any eyewitnesses to the car accident. It would be best to encourage those witnesses to tell the police their narrative so that it may be added to the original official police report.
- You have the right to click photographs- Almost every mobile phone today has an efficient camera, so photographing the accident site, especially the damage to your car and other damages, is relatively easy. It would help if you also photographed any injuries you have sustained.
- You have the right to seek immediate treatment – If your injuries necessitate medical treatment, you have a right to that too.
What Should You Avoid?
There are also some practices you should consider avoiding following a car accident since they may jeopardize your legal claim:
- Don’t disclose anything– The at-fault party may try to persuade you to give information that would later be used against your claim.
- Do not abandon the accident scene– Unless you are critically injured or require immediate medical assistance, you must wait at the scene, collect evidence and let the police officers arrive.
- Don’t accept a private settlement – the at-fault party may offer you an instant financial settlement to avoid having to file a legal claim.
Why should you hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Access the benefits to which you are entitled and defend your claims against the at-fault party. After a car accident, one of your first contacts should be an expert car accident attorney. They can ensure that you’re on the proper course to the settlement you deserve.
A qualified lawyer will safeguard your rights by saving you and your family from exploiting the insurance company. Insurance companies try their best to lower the amount of money they pay off for accident claims.
They may attempt to delay your payments or reduce the prices of your claim. On the other hand, a car accident attorney is on your side and will be your expert defender from start to end.
How to Safeguard your Car Accident Rights in South Florida?
If you have met a car accident in the bustling streets of South Florida and are looking for an expert attorney in your vicinity, Lieberman Injury Law is there to help.
Lieberman Injury Law is a competitive law firm with a proven track record of assisting clients who have been harmed in vehicle accidents and other incidents.
After any form of car collision injury or motor vehicle accident, it is always in your best interest to speak with a personal injury lawyer. Learn your rights and get referred to the appropriate doctors. Save their phone number and call them if you need to; there will be no consultation fee or obligations. Lieberman Injury Law Firm is available to assist and advise you.
Pick your phone and dial (954) 596-9944 for a consultation right away. or you can also visit them at 1761 West Hillsboro Blvd #330, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.